Communicator 4.04 Stand Alone

Stephanie Kraus krauss at crisny.org
Mon Jan 26 16:06:59 EST 1998

We have recently upgraded our Public Internet Stations to Communicator
4.04 stand alone so there is no e-mail function.  (An idea suggested on
this list)   We also use Fortres to lock down the stations but I am
finding that patrons are getting into the preferences section and doing
all kinds of strange changes to the look of the screen, toolbars etc.

Is there a way to make it so patrons cannot get into these options?  I
am sure the excitement of changing it around will wear off soon (it did
with the old version) but I am tired of having to get into the
preferences between nearly every patron!

Thanks ofr any suggestions you may have.

Stephanie Kraus
Head of Outreach & Internet Services
Wm. K. Sanford Town Library
Loudonville, NY 12211