Tables

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
Wed Jan 14 11:22:38 EST 1998

At 11:20 PM -0800 1/13/98, Adele Hoskin wrote:
>I have the following instructions on a page:
>
>With windows95 and Netscape 4.0, page is perfect.  On windows3.2 and
>Netscape 3.0, the two large columns overlap and I'm not sure what has
>happened to the middle column.

Netscape 3, and earlier, have trouble with tables. Which makes it a good
tool for testing the look of a table since if any browser will have trouble
it will be Netscape 3. Netscape 3 is still widely used so one should be
careful with setting up tables. I always set up tables as percentages
rather than in pixels which seems to work well.

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
(currently Gilles Poitras gpoitras at gtu.edu)
Graduate Theological Union Library
2400 Ridge Road         Berkeley, California, USA
http://www.gtu.edu/library/