Flat Wire to Web Workstations

Jim Rosaschi jimros at sonoma.lib.ca.us
Mon Jan 12 20:10:31 EST 1998

I would like to hear any horror OR happy stories about libraries
using under carpet power/data (flat wire) to web workstations.
This type of cable would be placed under carpet tiles.  My interest
is with both public and staff workstations.  The carpet tile sales folks
say it is the way to go--but I only trust my WEB4LIB pals....

While this might seem to be a stretch for this list, it is an
aspect of providing internet access we haven't discussed much.

Jim Rosaschi
Sonoma County Library
Santa Rosa, CA