Forthcoming FAQ

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 7 15:29:34 EST 1998

Although Web4Lib membership has reached a relative plateau of around 3,400
subscribers, it has become clear that the list continues to experience
"churn" as some users leave and others arrive. The result is that
questions that exhibit ignorance regarding appropriate listserver commands
and the existence of the Web4Lib Web site continue to plague the list.

Recently Thomas Dowling graciously volunteered to write answers to
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on WebLib, largely addressing the classic
administrative questions. He will soon be sending this document out to the
list automatically once every two weeks. By this method we hope to reduce
the number of questions of this nature that are posted to Web4Lib. For
those of you who are familiar with the topics covered in the FAQ, we
appreciate your understanding of the necessity of it's distribution and
your forbearance at having it appear in your mail box on a regular basis.

I'm sure that Thomas would welcome suggestions about what else to include,
or even better, the suggested text itself. He can be reached at
tdowling at ohiolink.edu. Thanks,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Dictator