Internet Issues

Octavio A. Sifuentes - Ventura College Library sefuetav at rain.org
Thu Jan 1 21:43:13 EST 1998

How about using your Anti-Sexual Harassment (if you have one) Policy in
the workplace as your Internet Policy. Most public agencies have this kind
of a policy. If you have patrons involved in activities that involve
sexual harassment of employees of other patrons in the library (the
library is a work site) such as viewing Sexual Internet Sites violate your
Anti-Sexual Harasment Policy can be asked to stop.

On Mon, 29 Dec 1997, Mignon Morse wrote:

> Do any of your libraries that have public internet access have
> guidelines for staff to follow regarding censorship issues and
> pornography issues?  If so, would you send me a copy of your guidelines?
> I am trying to establish guidelines for our Library staff.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> **************************
>   MIgnon Morse
>   Library Director
>   Smith Public Library
>   800 Thomas Street
>   Wylie, TX 75098
>   972-442-7566
>   972-442-4075 (fax)
>   http://www.wylie.tx.us/library/

Octavio A. Sifuentes		805/654-6358
Ventura College Library		Fax 805/654-0817
4667 Telegraph Rd.
Ventura, CA 93003