mailto and forms

Vickie Chiappetti VCHIAP at mpl.org
Tue Jan 6 12:50:10 EST 1998

I attended a class not too long ago where the instructor
said that it was possible to use the mailto function when
initiating a form.
Since we do not have any cgi scripts installed on our
server, I thought that the mailto function as part of  the
form action would perform a long stringed message, but
would get the job done and would be delivered in the
designated mailbox.
I have the code written as follows:
<form action="mailto:vchiap at mpl.org method="post">
I've tested this out and the information isn't being
processed.  I will be getting some help writing some cgi
scripts later this year, but the boss wants to do some forms
today.  Can anybody help or suggest an alternative method
or code?
Thanks
Vickie Chiappetti
Webmaster