McGill 3270 and Netscape 4

Walt Howe walthowe at delphi.com
Fri Feb 13 12:46:46 EST 1998

At 09:12 AM 2/13/98 -0800, rpage at okway.okstate.edu wrote:
>   Hi! Unfortunately, I misspoke. I have installed NetScape 4, but had not
>   tried to configure this yet. Intrying it now, I see that they have done
the
>   same thing that Internet Explorer has always done.
>      I have never quite figured out to make this work, when it calls the
>   "TelnetProtocolHandler" (or the tn3270). I think that it might be
doable by
>   editing the registry, but I've never quite gotten it to work.

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but to add a tn3270 application to
Netscape 4.0, select Edit/Preferences/Navigator/Applications and scroll
down to URL:TN3270. Highlight it and select Edit. My current setting, the
default, is this:

	rundll32.exe url.dll,TelnetProtocolHandler %l

If you replace this with the path and filename of the utility you want to
use in quotes, followed by %1, I believe it will work. For example, I did
change the telnet utility in my system, and this is what I have for telnet:

	"C:\Program Files\IPapps\CRT\Crt.exe"  %1

I hope this helps!

    Walt  <http://people.delphi.com/walthowe>