archiving campus epubs

kimmelse at unity.ncsu.edu kimmelse at unity.ncsu.edu
Sat Feb 7 09:54:55 EST 1998

Hi,

I'm serving on a committee that is examining
technical and policy issues related to archiving campus epubs, such as
online newspapers, ejournals, newsletters published on campus. We're
in the information gathering stage and would be interested in hearing from
institutions that are working with these issues. Questions include:

-- how are other campuses approaching the issue of archiving local epubs?
-- what model, demo, or pilot projects are under way?
-- what kinds of policies are under development or in practice?
-- how are technical issues being addressed?
-- what costs are involved?

Our goal is to develop an  approach to selecting and archiving epubs,
then conducting some pilot projects. If you can share  relevant
information or  experience, we'd greatly appreciate hearing from you
directly (reply to  stacey_kimmel at ncsu.edu). I can summarize for the list
if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks!

Stacey Kimmel

             ,--;   Stacey Kimmel
       _ ___/ /\|   North Carolina State University Libraries
   ,;`( )__, )  ~   919.515.1624 (voice)/919.513.1108 (fax)
  //  //   '--;     stacey_kimmel at ncsu.edu