Evaluating the credibility of web resources

David King d.king at usm.edu
Tue Feb 3 11:13:46 EST 1998

>Thats an interesting question. How CAN one test the validity of information
>on the Net? Does anyone know of any Information Validation services out
>there, either online OR offline? I'd love to hear the answer to this one too.

I wouldn't think any "information validation" services would be needed.
How do you choose the books your library purchases? Do you use an
Information Validation service for that?

IMHO, you should test net info the same way you'd test ANY info.

David King
Electronic Services Librarian
University of Southern Mississippi
d.king at usm.edu