blocking specific URL's

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Feb 3 07:41:11 EST 1998

Deb,

I know that NetNanny (http://www.netnanny.com) allows you to create a
block list with specified urls.  The stop message isn't too annoying so
that patrons will wonder if you are filtering there Internet access.

Another possiblilty is to have the browsers point to a proxy server which
is set to block specific urls.

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI