Windows NT statistics

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Sun Feb 1 18:39:55 EST 1998

Okay, I do get accused by my superior of offering more info than asked
for.  Although it did say a "proposed network".  Well this program might
be more toward what you're looking for if you want to monitor what each PC
is accessing.  I have not tested the program myself but its description
tends to suggest that a log file is kept on each PC.  The zip file I found
is spy32.zip.

FROM THE README FILE:
Omniquad Desktop Surveillace 97 v2.x
http://www.omniquad.com
The program is the software equivalent of a surveillance camera and works
by
recording desktop activity.  Yet it may operate in two modes; either by
displaying
warning signs in order to discourage misuse, or as secretly monitoring
activity.
While the application can store days of recordings, the settings can be
tailored
virtually for any situation.   For example, recording can be activated at
certain chosen
times only, when running specified applications or on log-on to the
Internet. ...

Thomas

Katherine Kendall wrote:

> Does Windows NT server software keep statistics on use.  I'm thinking
> particularly of measuring Internet access and CD-ROM databases access.
> This is for a proposed network and all our Windows NT server books are
> OUT!  Thanks.
>
> Kathy Kendall
> mailto:kk at harborcom.net

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  704 262 2795
FAX:    704 262 3001

In librarianship--as elsewhere--the quality of service is not measured by
the number of complaints received