Search Engine REQUIREMENTS

evan.bailey at dtec.tafensw.edu.au evan.bailey at dtec.tafensw.edu.au
Mon Feb 2 18:51:11 EST 1998

Colleagues,
           We are researching the Requirements for a Search Engine to be
used on a large (educational) Internet site.
Basic requirements include such things as: supporting metadata; fast;
periodic searching; removes duplicates; allows users to set up profiles
etc.

Has anybody had any experience with this type of quest, and could you
post any recommendations/suggestions on publications/URLs/journal
articles etc which look at this question?

TIA, I will post a summary of useful replies.

Evan Bailey				Ph:  +61 2 924 45551
A/Manager 				Fax: +61 2 924 45555
Vocational Education & Training
Information Service  (VETIS)