MARC->HTML perl diacritics converter

Edward H. Summers esummers at odu.edu
Tue Dec 22 15:16:11 EST 1998

Hal said:
"I'm wondering if anyone knows of a routine, preferably written in
perl, which will take text with diacritics from MARC records and
convert the codes to the appropriate HTML display codes."

Unfortunately, I don't know of any quick solution, but I bet that
there is a component of LC's MARC-SGML Conversion Program (perl) that
does something similar (http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/marcsgml.html).

A conversion script sounds like the kind of thing that would have
been done before, especially by some web-pac vendors... Could you let
the list (or me) know if you get any good responses??

Ed Summers
Electronic Resources Cataloger
Old Dominion University Library
Norfolk, Virginia