[WEB4LIB] Tool for "breaking up" graphic files for web pages

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Dec 10 14:08:45 EST 1998

The webbily hip term for this appears to be "slicing".

There have been a slew of graphics programs released recently that are
optimized for web development.  I believe this is a typical function for
them--the web pages for Macromedia Fireworks and Adobe Imageready both
mention it specifically.

FWIW, I just did a quick test with Picture Publisher, a graphics program
that doesn't have this function built in, and it really wasn't that
difficult to do this by hand.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu