[WEB4LIB] Re: MicroTest

Rutherford, John Rutherford at mail.ccsu.edu
Thu Dec 10 13:46:15 EST 1998

Microdesign International is offering a number of options, including new dvd
systems, and systems that write cdrom images
to disk arrays. This might be worth looking at in addition to
the Microdesign Discport units. http://mdi.com

I have used a number of Discport towers and have found them to
be reliable. The Discview software does not include much in the
way of statistics. If you use their launching software you can
limit numbers of concurrent users, however I found using
Netware's NAL to be a better solution for launching cdrom
applications. Of course this is not an option if you are using
NT.

John Rutherford