Sharing Internet connections

Francesco Giacanelli md1251 at mclink.it
Thu Dec 3 03:15:49 EST 1998

Dear Web4libbers,

our docuumentation center would like to connect to the Internet via ISDN line. We have a LAN with 5 PCs and a NT Server, and we would like, if possible, to share the only one account we have, to give all the workstations the possibility to connect at the same time (I know this could make the connections slower).

I have heard about software/hardware solutions for this, in particular, Wingate or Intel Internet Station.

I appreciate any suggestions about this (or similar) products (configurability, manageability, etc.) and about any other solutions we could use for our small library.

Thanks very much in advance
Francesco Giacanelli

Francesco Giacanelli
Biblioteca Italiana per i Ciechi - Centro di Documentazione Tiflologica
(Italian Library for the Blind - Documentation Center on Blindness)
Via della Fontanella di Borghese, 23 - 00186 Roma
Tel.: +39 06 68219820
Fax: +39 06 68136227
e-mail: cdtinfo at uiciechi.it
private e-mail: md1251 at mclink.it