Anniversary Commemorative Web Software and Sites

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Fri Dec 11 12:22:54 EST 1998

    As an active member of our local PTA, my wife has asked
me about participating in a Web project to commemorate the 50th
anniversary of our daughters' elementary school.

    She would like to establish a commemorative Web page that would include among other features and functions:

      * Photographs of the school over the past decades
      * Text about the school, its history, and staff
      * A Guessbook
      * A e-mail directory / Web page link for alumni
      * A Chat Room for Alumni

   I would most appreciate any suggestions of Web products / templates for creating such a site as well as quality Web sites that commemorate any institutional anniversary, particularly schools.

   Season's Greetings and Joy!

/Gerry McKiernan
Science and Technology Librarian and Bibliographer
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

   "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                         Alan Kay