Submitting Multiple HTML Forms

Timon.P.Tesar at am.pnu.com Timon.P.Tesar at am.pnu.com
Wed Aug 12 13:53:19 EDT 1998

          We have an HTML form people can use to request article
          copies from our Document Delivery service. Internet Explorer
          3 is our standard browser.

          People sometimes want to submit multiple requests in which
          much of the data in the form is the same. After clicking on
          the submit button, a confirmation page appears.
          Unfortunately, if the user then clicks on the browser Back
          button to return to the form, all the data they previously
          entered is gone and they have to type everything all over
          again.

          1. Is there anything I can do with the forms page (some kind
          of JavaScript perhaps?) so that the data will remain in the
          form when they click the Back button?

          2. We will be switching to I.E. 4 in six months or so. Do
          forms work the same in I.E. 4 as they do in I.E. 3 (i.e. the
          form data is not retained)?

          Any advice will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

          Tim Tesar
          pharmacia & Upjohn Research Library
          timon.p.tesar at am.pnu.com