Vacancy description Webmaster

Fritzi Batchelor hbladm11 at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Wed Aug 12 13:40:21 EDT 1998

Please consider this employment opportunity.  We believe that the
environment is exciting and challenging and that the salaries are
competetive.

        THE UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT LIBRARIES

(Complete job description for this position is available
at: http://www.lib.uconn.edu/jobopps/ )

Webmaster/Database Developer, Computer Programmer/Analyst II (Search
#98A468). This position provides software programming support,
primarily for HTTPD, HTML, C, Java, and PERL.

Duties include: supporting the Library Information Server;
developing SQL databases, and supporting multimedia aspects of
library instruction.

Minimum qualifications include: Bachelor's degree in computer
science or related field and 2 years related technical experience or
an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge and
experience with web server technologies; HTML expertise; knowledge
and experience with languages such as C and PERL; experience with
SQL databases and DBMS software, particularly as delivered through
the Internet; and familiarity with networking, TCP/IP protocol and
client/server applications.

Desired qualifications include: experience with NT Server 4.0;
familiarity with C++, Java, and JavaScript, expertise with
multimedia applications; and familiarity with graphics software.

Complete job descriptions for both of these positions are available
at: http://www.lib.uconn.edu/jobopps/

The University of Connecticut offers competitive salaries,
attractive benefits packages and a stimulating work environment to
its employees. This position carries a Year2000 salary incentive. To
apply, send a letter of application including salary requirements,
resume, and the names addresses, and telephone numbers of three
professional references to: Elizabeth Tonucci, Library Human
Resources Manager, University of Connecticut Libraries, Box U-5A, 369
Fairfield Road, Storrs, CT 06269-1005. Screening will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled.

At the University of Connecticut, our commitment to excellence is
complemented by our commitment to building a culturally diverse
staff. We actively encourage minorities and people with disabilities
to apply.

Fritzi Batchelor, Head
Information Technology Services
University of Connecticut