[WEB4LIB:14706] Digitized photo collections

Shelley Voie shelleyv at kcls.org
Mon Aug 3 14:58:50 EDT 1998

The King County Library System worked with the Musuem of History and
Industry (MOHAI) in Seattle to digitize their photo collection and put it on
the Web.  Its address is http://www.historymuse-nw.org/index3.htm .  The
KCLS person who coordinated the project just retired, so you might want to
contact MOHAI for more information regarding "best practices."

Tacoma Public Library is working on getting their Pacific Northwest
photography collection ( http://www.tpl.lib.wa.us/nwr/nwphoto.htm#access )
on the Web.  They may be able to provide some guidance as well.

Shelley Voie (shelleyv at kcls.org)
Electronic Resources Librarian
King County Library System (www.kcls.org)
(425) 450-1763

"O brave new world, that has such people in it!"
(Miranda, in The Tempest -- William Shakespeare)