Death to pop-up windows!

Jim Rosaschi jimros at sonoma.lib.ca.us
Fri Aug 14 17:51:44 EDT 1998

We installed OnTrack! on a VERY busy public use PC (Netscape 3.x
and WinSelect), and it works for me.

It does not seem to affect other Java stuff, but only stops
remote-server-spawned browser windows from opening on the PC.  I am
about to make it part of our regular public installations.

The test provided with OnTrack! doesn't seem to work all that
well--though it was a nice thought.

For a real-world test... try http://www.adultbuffet.com/tgp/tgp.htm
CAUTION: this is a  *s_e_x*  site which opens a slug of sex related
browser windows and makes a mess of the screen and the session.  It is a
good way to see if OnTrack! is working (which what the OnTrack! test is
supposed to do).

OnTrack! did not work correctly on SOME of our staff PCs
which get a lot of internal tweaking from automation staff.

Jim Rosaschi
Sonoma County Library