Historical collections

Linda De-Simone lindad at wtcc.sa.gov.au
Tue Aug 4 23:56:43 EDT 1998

West Torrens Public Library is investigating options for setting up a web site for our local history collection.  The bulk of the material is currently uncatalogued and requires full digitization.

Has anyone already undertaken such as project, and if so could you provide information about how you went about setting up the site, what systems you used, what issues needed to be considered etc etc?

We are currently looking at mounting the records on Dynix  using Java Pac as the interface.  If  anyone is using Java Pac please let me know how you have found working with it eg: ease of use; flexibility; skill requirement and performance.

Linda De-Simone
West Torrens Public Library
lindad at wtcc.sa.gov.au