Digitized photo collections

Walter Minkel walterm at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us
Sat Aug 1 14:00:32 EDT 1998

Multnomah County Library is investigating purchasing equipment and
developing a policy for digitizing historical photos and illustrations
from our rare books collection. Other than the digital collections on the
Berkeley Sunsite at <http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Collections/>, can anyone
point me to the best digital photo & illustration sites, _particularly_
those assembled by public libraries and public libraries working in
partnerships with other organizations? Are there any "best practices"
sites or pages for digitized photo collections anyone can recommend?
Thanks! --W

Walter Minkel, School Corps Technology Trainer
Multnomah County Library, 205 NE Russell St., Portland, OR 97212
Voice (503)736-6002; fax (503)248-5441; walterm at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us