PublicI or similar software

Donald Barclay donaldb at library.tmc.edu
Mon Apr 27 17:08:34 EDT 1998

I'm looking for software that we can put on our public workstations (NT 4.0)
which requires users to enter a login number (preferably their library card
number) and which keeps track of how much our workstations are used. Our
purpose is partly to control access to the workstations, but mostly we want
to compile statistics on how much our computers are used.

I learned about a software called PublicI from the Web4lib archives. Has
anyone used it? Can anyone suggest something else? Thanks for any help with
this.

Donald A. Barclay                          always the beautiful answer
Houston Academy of Medicine-               who asks the more beautiful question
Texas Medical Center Library                        --e.e. cummings
donaldb at library.tmc.edu