Answer: NS Comm. location field Deletion

HIS his at virtuallibrarian.com
Thu Apr 23 11:55:04 EDT 1998

Hi.

I figured it out.

In a separate new folder (named ABC)I copied the prefs.js file
(without the URLS in it).

I then created a batch file in a text editor and named it "launch.bat".
The file is saved in C:\ and a shortcut is left on the desktop to start the
program.

copy c:\abc\prefs.js c:\progra~1\Netscape\Users\<name>\prefs.js
echo Y
cd progra~1\Netscape\Communicator\Program\
netscape

It works like a charm.  If you need any clarification on this please let me
know, and I'll do my best to answer.

This will now allow each new session to start without the Location File
URLS popping up.

Cynthia Hetherington
Englewood Public Library, NJ