NS Comm. location field Deletion

HIS his at virtuallibrarian.com
Thu Apr 23 10:43:33 EDT 1998

Hi,

We're running Communicator 4, on Windows '95 machines.
Due to the great posts here in Web4Lib I've been able to delete
out cache and .hst files from our machines.

I need to be able to delete the "Location Field Popup Menu" of the
URLs it stores there.

According to Netscape (http://help.netscape.com/kb/client/961024-3.html)the
location field popup urls are commonly stored in
c:\Program Files\Netscape\Users\<name>\prefs.js

Sure enough when I opened prefs.js in a textpad there were my urls.
Example follows:
user_pref("browser.url_history.URL_1", "www.yahoo.com/");
user_pref("browser.url_history.URL_10", "www.clbooks.com/");
user_pref("browser.url_history.URL_11", "www.dejanews.com/");

However there are all the other preferences in that folder as well, so
deleting the entire file in the bootup process does not seem like an option.

Does anyone know how to delete the popup menu at the start of each session?
 Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Cynthia Hetherington
Englewood Public Library, NJ