URGENT: Request for HELP!

Kyle Harriss kharriss at d.umn.edu
Mon Apr 20 16:43:08 EDT 1998

Carol,

Wish I had some monitors to send, but just an idea.
I've not repaired monitors, so discount this idea appropriately.

Call up the school district's audiovisual equipment repair
technician, or call a local television repair shop.  Ask them
if "degaussing" the screen might help.

They wouldn't want to guarantee over the phone that this would
help, but they can tell you if it is a possibility.

If they say yes, arrange to borrow a "degausser" from them.
(a kind of de-magnetizer)  It is easy to use.  Let them give
you tips on how to use it with a video screen.

If it doesn't work, you've lost nothing.  If it works, then you
will have working monitors right away.

Kyle Harriss				kharriss at d.umn.edu
Tech Services 				voice: 218-726-6546
UMD Library				fax:   218-726-8019