Job specs for library techies?

bs91 Barbara_G_SMITH at umail.umd.edu
Sun Apr 12 18:30:00 EDT 1998

We are trying to write job specifications for public library branch staff
who would have some technical responsibilities.  Specific tasks could
include basic maintenance of PC's and peripherals (like printers and
scanners used in Circulation), as well as troubleshooting in this equipment.
These staff would do front line technical tasks, backed up by full-time
technical staff in the systems' team.

 Does anyone have job descriptions for branch technical staff? We could also
use lists of competencies that technical staff must achieve.

Thanks in advance for help.

Barbara Smith

Barbara G. SMITH             Chief of Technical Services
voice:  301/217-3806          Montgomery County Department of Public Libraries
fax:    301/217-3895          99 Maryland Avenue
e-mail: bs91 at umail.umd.edu    Rockville, MD 20850
e-mail: smithb at co.mo.md.us