Internet Explorer: how to save text in frame

John M. Morris jmorris at dtx.net
Fri Apr 3 21:07:08 EST 1998

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, John Walker wrote:

> My main page stats over the last three weeks would tend to bear this out:
>
>    Netscape 1  8
>    Netscape 2  89
>    Netscape 3  941
>    Netscape 4  1053
>    Explorer    557
>    Mosaic      0
>    Other       5
>
> The vast majority are using Win 95 and Netscape.

We seem to have a more severe Microsoft infestation in these parts. :-)
Grepping the agent_log file for www.beau.lib.la.us gets these stats:

Netscape:	74,867
MSIE:		54,116
Other:		 9,974

But we do see a much larger percentage of "other" hits than most.  And
somehow 5423 of those hits (almost all running netscape-X) are from
various *NIX boxen vs 3254 from Macs.

John M.      http://www.dtx.net/~jmorris         This post is 100% M$ Free!
Geek code 3.0:GCS C+++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ W+ N++ w--- Y+ 5+++ R tv- b++ e* r%