e-mail policy -

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Thu Apr 2 00:31:19 EST 1998

> "Paul H. Gray" <phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us> wrote:
>>
>>Ultimately it has to come down to whoever is working the floor being
>>willing to show an offending patron the door.
>
>This is only possible if you are willing to spy on what your patrons are
>reading on the screen. . . .
>Is this level of supervision of your patrons acceptable?
>Would you look over their shoulders at what they were reading or writing
>away from an Internet workstation?

Very valid points - and points I and others have raised here -
In fact - due largely to these enforcement problems - but also in response
to some requests by instructors the ban on e-mail has recently been lifted.

They\we still ban chat - which raises some of the same issues -
Time will tell how long that lasts

Paul H. Gray                       VOICE - (817)515-6623
L. R. Manager                      FAX - (817)515-6275
TCJC NE LRC                        E-MAIL - phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
828 Harwood Rd
Hurst, TX 76054