Netscape Communicator 4.05

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Apr 14 15:43:50 EDT 1998

Janet,

If you have choice, go with 4.05.  Thanks to Bill Drew, we've had a couple
of weeks to play with it on both staff and public workstations.  The most
noticeable difference is the speed with which it loads Java applets.
While 4.04 doesn't hang like earlier 4.x versions did, 4.05 loads these
buggers much more quickly.  Check out Netscape's site for the other new
features...their were only a few.

Its still a memory hog but the difference between 4.04 and 4.05 is minor.

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI