counting Internet use

SHERYL DWINELL dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Sun Sep 28 15:28:54 EDT 1997

> << Over 800 people a month
>  >are using our web site, instead of their "hometown" (or college or
> business)
>  >library...why? And what do we do about what we learn from this?
</soapbox>

>  When you say 'instead' of, what evidence do you have?  Maybe I'm
>  misinterpreting your statement >>
>
> Sheryl, you're missing the point, or you choose not to recognize it.
Sara was
> making a valid statement, regardless of how one tallies the info hits, that

I was questioning what evidence she had that they were
using her library "instead" of their local library?  I'm not ignorant of the
larger issue that patrons don't know what they have in their own
backyard, that they don't come into libraries, that we need to do
better PR.  I was only curious how she knew that they weren't using their
local library. How do we know that they're aren't using their local
library in addition to her library?  That's the only point I was making.
I was just seeking more information. I wasn't questioning the larger
point she was making about how to reach patrons. I think you read too
much into my posting.

Sheryl Dwinell