PowWow Communities and Academic Librarians -Reply

Janice.White at fct-cf.x400.gc.ca Janice.White at fct-cf.x400.gc.ca
Thu Sep 25 11:14:14 EDT 1997

IRC is a software that can be downloaded easily from a variety of sites.
The one most used is found at www.mirc.co.uk.  Its run out of England
but is international in scope.  If you have ftp capabilities then you can d/l
this without any problems.  It is not system specific so anyone should be
able to use it.  As in another posting you can contact me if you wish with
questions at jmwhite at cyberus.ca

Have fun with it... its a great source of information if you find or create
the right channel.  2nd step is to promote it here on the listserv.

Janice White
Federal Court of Canada Library

>>> RFC-822 web4lib(a)library.berkeley.edu 09/25/97 03:04pm >>>
--------------A8841B9B814D7CDEA5354A03

Setting up an IRQ channel makes sense.  We don't have an IRQ sever
here.
Anyone have that capability?

Wilfred Drew wrote:

> --------------E108A602E2E00369E364BE29
>
> Got to start somewhere.  I looked at Moos and such including the DU
moo.
> They make no sense to me.  I do like chat and thought this would be a
> good place to start.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Shaken Angel wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Wilfred Drew wrote:
> >
> > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> > > --------------A565A9DF29C314D7195480D3
> > >
> > > I am interested in using the new capabilities in PowWow to set up a
> > > Academic Librarians Community using PowWow.  Is anyone
interested?

> > PowWow only works with Windows NT and 95 You'd be shutting out
any
> > librarian or librarian groupie (such as myself) who didn't run
Windows as

powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
> Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
> Homepage: http://www.morrisville.edu/?drewwe/
> Below is 3 lines of blatant self-promotion:
> Author of _Key Guide to Electronic Resources: Agriculture, 1995,
> Information Today.
> Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/?drewwe/njc/ Best guide to
> agriculture on the net.
> LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/  Great set of
> library pages
> --
> --------------E108A602E2E00369E364BE29
>
> begin:          vcard
> fn:             Wilfred  Drew
> n:              Drew;Wilfred
> org:            SUNY Morrisville College Librarian
> adr:            SUNY Morrisville College Library;;P.O. Box
902;Morrisville;New York;13408-0902;United States of America

email;internet: drewwe at morrisville.edu
title:          Systems Librarian
tel;work:       315-684-6055
tel;fax:        315-684-6115