html table problem

Bob Long bob at mail.esrl.lib.md.us
Wed Oct 29 08:44:36 EST 1997

I think your problem may be the lack of a specified width in the second
column and setting the table width to 100%.
	I would suggest removing the width=100% attribute in the <table> tag and
specifying a width in the second column. If the column is all text, a width
of 400 usually works well with standard font settings. Setting this width
also gives you a nice right margin.
	The other option would be to begin looking seriously into Cascading Style
Sheets.

HTH

Bob

At 03:08 PM 10/28/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Has anyone else experienced problems with Netscape sometimes ignoring cell
>width settings in tables?
>
>In redesigning my site, I'm using a two-column table on top of a sidebar
>background.  The left column is set to 150 pixels to roughly correspond
>with the sidebar; the right column does not have a specified width, and the
>table width is 100%.  I have pages with a minimal amount of text, with a
>lot of text, and with forms and nested tables (with unspecified widths).
<snip>