disabling the close box on Netscape

Timothy E. Thompson tethomps at lorenzo.syr.fi.it
Sat Oct 25 04:28:01 EDT 1997

Kudos to Don Bowers for the tip on how to automatically refresh Netscape pages.

I was wondering whether he or anybody else out there knows how to make
Navigator (for Mac) ignore mousclicks to the webpage closebox.  Even though
I've pasted a sign on the monitor which says "Don't click the close box",
patrons do it anyway, and the staff keeps having to reload the homepage.
I've even tried pasting a piece of gray tape over the position of the
closebox, but they remove it!!  How many of you out there have had the same
problem?!

I know there's a kiosk version of Navigator available but it seems to hard
to locate.

Thanks.

Timothy E. Thompson, Librarian
Syracuse University Florence