disabling print in Netscape

Leslie Everett leverett at massart.edu
Thu Oct 23 22:19:41 EDT 1997

Greetings,
I manage a Macintosh microcomputer lab in an academic art library.
We've been seeing an obscenely increasing waste of paper from people
printing hundreds of pages from the Internet. We've discussed the problem
with the students, warned them, threatened them, pleaded with them and
still the waste continues. I am at the end of my patience with this issue.

I am being forced to consider disabling the print option, but I "only"
want to disconnect printing from Netscape on our public workstations. Some
students have a legitimate need to print their papers from MS Word which
is also on the computers.

I'm currently looking at a program called Netprint. This seems to merely
allow printing of "pieces" of the page, I want to disable printing
completely.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of a problem. A program, or
scripting, or any information, that could do this on Macintoshes?
Thanking you in advance,
- Leslie Everett

Leslie O. Everett			      Voice: 617-232-1555 x397
Admin.Assist.,Computer Arts		        Net: <leverett at massart.edu>
MassArt/Morton R. Godine Library
621 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115