Quit using pinfeed paper

Diane Kurtz dkurtz at brdgprtpl.lib.ct.us
Tue Oct 21 10:49:30 EDT 1997

We recently opened a renovated, expanded branch library building.  I had
asked for, and received, Hewlett-Packard inkjet models 649c for the
public machines.  So far they have been wonderful!  We charge $.10 per
sheet of paper and can sell exactly the number they want.  It has cut
down on the printing and "I didn't really want that".  My staff is
extremely happy with the ease of showing the public how to use them.
They have been maintenance free as well as producing a quality
printout.  We offer word processing, Excel, Web browing, Electric
Library and various other reference products on the public machines.
Although the printers are color capable, I have set them to default to
grayscale and so far no one has discovered or taken the time to change
printing options to color.  Since we can't support the cost of color
public printing, I would not replace the color cartridge if it is even
discovered. I strongly recommend them.

Diane Kurtz
dkurtz at brdgprtpl.lib.ct.us