Help on redirect url parameter

John C. Matylonek matylonj at ccmail.orst.edu
Mon Oct 20 14:22:23 EDT 1997

     The meta refresh at
     http://www.orst.edu/instruct/engr485-585/ browser redirect
     is now working. It was the qoutes that initially caused me
     trouble. However, do you know anything about the .htaccess
     file Redirect command. That would useful to know as well. It
     seems when I use the construction:

     Redirect /dept/instruct/engr485-585/ http://www.orst.edu/~matylonj

     in a .htaccess file located in the engr485-585 directory

     to have the server redirect a browser from the index.html in
     the engr485-585 directory to the tilde directory, I get a
     server error message about a misconfiguration. Any ideas? Am
     using the .htaccess file correctly? It seems like srm.conf
     is set to allow .htaccess files.

     JCM