Staff directories

Kathy Irwin irwinkat at metronet.lib.mi.us
Mon Oct 20 08:49:30 EDT 1997

Christopher Jackson wrote:

> [Cross posted to web4lib and publib.]
>
> I'm looking for feedback/opinions on the issue of staff directories on a
> public library website.  We intend to create one, probably giving the job
> title, department, and email address of all staff members.
>
> How many of you in public libraries have something similar?  Were staff
> concerned about their privacy?  What sort of information do you provide?
> If you have such a directory, we'd love to take a look.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
>     Christopher Jackson                      cjackson at monroe.lib.in.us
>     Reference Librarian                      voice: (812) 876-1272
>     Monroe County Public Library             fax: (812) 876-2515
>     Ellettsville, IN  47429                  http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/

We're a large staff, so only the heads of divisions are listed on our staff
contact page:
http://metronet.lib.mi.us/SFLD/staff.html
However, on our intranet, a photo directory of the whole staff is provided
with descriptions of job responsibilities, phone numbers, and e-mail.  This
helps with new staff or subs in knowing who everyone is and who to contact
regarding what.
--
Kathy M. Irwin, Technology Intern
Southfield Public Library