HTML etiquette

SHERYL DWINELL dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Sat Oct 11 20:36:03 EDT 1997

I really made a mistake asking this question. To everyone who called me
snotty, silly, stupid, and egotistical, I want to say that I'm sorrier
than you can imagine for asking what I thought was a simple question.
All it would have required was a simple "no, don't do it" without resorting
to calling me names or insulting me.  So, anyone else who is planning on
sending me a nastygram, please don't. I've had all I can take. :)

My intent was NOT to act as the coding police, or show off my
superior knowledge of HTML, or a variety of other things I was accused of
in emails directed to me personally.  I just saw a really wonderful page
that had a lot of extraneous code.  Amazingly the person's whose page it
was recognized himself. I felt extremely awkward when he wrote me, but
surprisingly he thanked me.  Trust me, I learned my lesson. I've never
brought up someone's code to anyone before (except for friends or
colleagues who specifically asked), and I don't ever plan on doing it.

Sheryl Dwinell