printing costs: laser vs. ink jet

Harry M. Kriz Harry_M_Kriz at vt.edu
Fri Nov 21 15:05:47 EST 1997

At 10:46 AM 11/21/97 -0800, Bob wrote:
>Mention has been made of the cost differential between laser and inkjet.
>Can anyone point to any studies or other data on the matter?  I've poked
>around the net without much luck.

See PC Magazine, vol. 16, no. 19, p 107, November 4, 1997.

Laser printer cost: 2 to 3 cents per page for typical business letter with
about 5% toner coverage (cost for all consumables including toner,
developer, and drum).

Ink jet printer cost: about 4 cents per page for same business letter.

Color printing for 15 percent page coverage (typical business report with
color pie or bar chart): 6 cents to 23 cents per page

Full page photo printing: $1 to $2 per page

--Harry
Harry_M_Kriz at vt.edu   540-231-7052   FAX:  540-231-3694
http://learning.lib.vt.edu/authors/hmkriz.html
University Libraries
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Virginia Tech)
Blacksburg, VA   24061-0434     USA
"What joy to awake every morning in a world so filled with  things to learn."
                                                         - H. M. Kriz (1994)