launching *.exe application

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Nov 7 20:27:28 EST 1997

We are using a Merridian 28CD CDROM Tower.  They have a new software
product, CD Intranet, which is advertised to "access any kind of CD or
DVD title from within Web browsers on intrantnets, including traditional
Windows and DOS CDs, or media containing graphics or HTML files."  I
think there is a demo copy available from their web site at
www.meridian.com.

Only one time was I able to launch a batchfile from a WEB link. I
associated .bat with command.com as the helper program.  The only
problem was I gave the executable a wrong name in the batch file and
netscape would no longer go to dos from a link to a batch file after
that.

Thomas Bennett

--

If it works, don't fix it!