Launching the Internet in a Library

Phil.Yorkebarber at DWNCHAN.NTLIB.nt.gov.au Phil.Yorkebarber at DWNCHAN.NTLIB.nt.gov.au
Wed May 28 00:30:35 EDT 1997

Hello
Some background,.....here in the Northern Territory Library (we have the role
of a State Library) we really need a 'good news story' where the Minister is
going to launch our new 'public public access to the Internet PC'.  Although we
staff have had Internet access for sometime we have been unable up to now to
offer Internet access to the public and now it has finally happened.

What does someone DO when launching an Internet PC??

Someone suggested the Minister wear wearing board shorts with coloured zinc
cream!  We could use presentation software and display a site or two on the
wall!  We have speeches & things like that in hand...but it needs to be more
than a ribbon cutting, it.

BUT We are really looking for some great novelty, bright story here, please
does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance for all brilliant suggestions!