Collection development policies for the web

Leslie Burke - Amway Corporation burkel at mlc.lib.mi.us
Sat May 24 11:09:44 EDT 1997

Christine,
We haven't included specifics about www sites in our collection
development policy specifically, but for what it's worth, here's my
opinion -- the Internet is just another source, therefore we won't
"collect"/link to anything on the net that we wouldn't normally collect in
any other media. To me the issues are the same -- if it's
appropriate/inappropriate in one media, why should another media make any
difference?

Leslie Burke, Corporate Librarian or Sally Akehi, Asst. Librarian
Amway Corporation
7575 Fulton St. E
Ada, MI  49355-0001
616-787-6308; FAX 616-787-7142