Collection development policies for the web

Kevin Justie kjustie at nslsilus.ORG
Thu May 22 17:18:03 EDT 1997

>My library is considering writing a collection development policy for the
>WWW (the idea is to have a document stating what we include in our
>web page and what we link to).

The Morton Grove Public Library's WWW site selection policy can be found at

http://www.webrary.org/colldev/adultmis.html#WWW

We have links to over 400 reference/information sites
(http://www.webrary.org/orrs/webrary.html), and felt that we needed a
policy for WWW sites just as we have policies for other types of materials
(all of which can be found at http://www.webrary.org/colldev/toc.html).

Hope this helps!

Kevin Justie
Head of Technical and Automated Services
Morton Grove Public Library, Morton Grove, IL
(847) 965-4220
kjustie at mgk.nslsilus.org
http://www.nslsilus.org/mgkhome/
Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
offical Library policy.

***   "The box said Windows 95 or better,...So I bought a Mac."   ***