Papers, please

Steve Hooley! hooleyss at gsaix2.cc.GaSoU.EDU
Wed May 21 16:20:39 EDT 1997

        We tried a system like this but since we were doing it for 150+
terminals it jumped up and bit us - we had a sleeve on the monitor where the
students were required to display a valid ID while using the network. They
always forgot their cards, which were also their mealcards, and we were
suddenly in the lost-ID business. Finally we chucked it, and went partly to
a system of benign neglect unless busy and partly to using old obsolete
terminals as telnets to email and chat. We're working on making the ARACHNE
DOS browser run on these but are having little luck currently; but in busy
times we eject chatters and emailers and steer them to the Chat Pit.

|   Stephen S. Hooley         |  Statesboro Ga
|  Romulan Tech Assistant     |  Home of the
|    Henderson Library        |  Statesboro
|"It's Only a Job Description"|  Blues
| Georgia Southern University |