Thanks to all re: Adobe Acrobat and Capture

Dean C. Rowan wpl at quick.net
Tue May 20 11:08:46 EDT 1997

Earl Young warned...

>      Converting PDF to HTML is not for the faint-of-heart and you will find
>      scant assistance from Adobe in the process.

...and I am grateful for his caution.  However, when I wrote, "...respondents
suggested conversion to HTML...," I was referring to suggestions that we
convert from, say, Word to HTML.  Sorry for the ambiguity.  I think
these suggestions were motivated, as I posted earlier, by a
reluctance to require folks to confront the elaborate business of
downloading an application and making it run.  Word processor to HTML
conversion, they suggested as well, does not result in a document
that looks like the original form...unless of course the original
form had been produced on a word processor using little of the
fancy-schmancy apparatus of fonts 'n' stuff that comes with these
applications.

Dean C. Rowan
Whittier Public Library