.cgi files

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri May 16 07:47:17 EDT 1997

In general, you can't get the source of a CGI script without special
permissions; this is much more likely to be an HTML or text file created by
an CGI script and saved with Netscape's Save As command.  Netscape just
uses whatever file extension it sees in the URL.  (Memo to the gang at
Netscape: before throwing another few megabytes of code into your browser
for stuff like <LAYER>, maybe you could add a couple lines to make Save As
default to the MIME type provided by the server.)

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu
 ----