Presentations Advice

Linda Woods Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Sun May 11 21:04:01 EDT 1997

I've been using WebWhacker for along time.  It is possible to "whack"
multiple levels which means you can go pretty deeply into other websites as
well as the top layers.  It depends on how 'big' the sites are.  The
presentation appears completely live and even though I tell people I am
using WebWhacker; they later say I did an internet presentation live.

The first version of WebWhacker was so simple and easy to use.  The latest
version has gotten fancy and is, for me, not quite as intuitive.  However,
it does things such as batch whacking at pre-set times, creates subject
folders, and more.

Both versions were capable of whacking and saving as either Mac or PC
files.  A similar product which is also well received is Web Buddy.  These
products have demo versions; but are not the full blown product.  They are
all relatively cheap ($40??).

We have done internet training and other kinds of training using whacked
sites on standalone workstations.  Talk about keeping folks where you want
them to go!!

At 09:25 AM 5/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
>At 02:38 AM 5/9/97 -0700, Portia123 at aol.com wrote:
>>Yes, please send responses re: Web Whacker to the list or summarize. I
would be quite interested as well.