Advocates Take To The Internet! To Save Their Libraries NOW!

Stephanie Stokes stephanie at friendcalib.org
Sun May 11 19:06:03 EDT 1997

          K E E P   L I B R A R I E S   A L I V E!
	             In Humboldt County
                            ***
           FRIENDS of the Library - Advocacy NOW!
   GET CONNECTED.  GET INFORMED.  MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

	http://www.friendcalib.org/humboldt-friends

	COUNTY LIBRARY SUPPORTERS HIT THE INTERNET
                TO KEEP THEIR LIBRARIES ALIVE!

Faced with the potential of severe budget cuts to Humboldt County
Libraries, library supporters have turned to the Internet for
help. The library advocates, representing several Friends of the
Library groups, have launched a page on the World Wide Web
(http://www.friendcalib.org/humboldt-friends/) to spread the word
about their campaign to save their libraries.

The County, faced with a reported $5.7 million budget deficit, is
planning a 20% budget cut to the County's libraries. According
the Friends of the Libraries this will result in library
closures, severe curtailment of library services and layoffs of
library personnel. The library supporters think that the cuts are
too far to deep and want to tell the Board of Supervisors to find
another way to resolve their budget woes.

In addition to their new Web Site, the County's library
supporters plan a demonstration of support for libraries,
complete with badges and flyers, at next Tuesday's Board of
Supervisors Meeting.

             ********************************
	Humboldt County Board of Supervisors Needs
	to hear from YOU NOW! The FAX NUMBER for ALL
	supervisors is (707) 445-7299

Contact These People Now!

	1st District Stan Dixon
	(707) 445-7691 (voice mail)
	sdixon at co.humboldt.ca.us

	2nd District Roger Rodoni
	(707) 445-7692 (voice mail)
	rrodoni at co.humboldt.ca.us

	3rd District John Woolley
	(707) 445-7693 (voice mail)
	jwoolley at co.humboldt.ca.us

	4th District Bonnie Neely
	(707) 445-7694 (voice mail)
	bneely at co.humboldt.ca.us

	5th District Paul Kirk
	(707) 445-7695 (voice mail)
	pkirk at co.humboldt.ca.us

Supervisors (all) mailing address:
	Humboldt County Court House
	825 Fifth Street - Room 111
	Eureka, CA 95501-1153

Eureka Times-Standard
	Attn: Letters To The Editor
	930 Sixth Street
	Eureka, CA 95501-1112
	(707) 441-0500 phone
	(707) 441-0501 fax
	NO e-mail

For More Information Call FRIENDS of the Library
	(707) 269-1995 - e-mail: panda at humboldt1.com
###